"If you learn to code, you can code to learn.
You learn more about how computers work, but that's just where it starts... Because as they learn to code, it enables them to learn many other things, opens up many new opportunities for learning."
Professor Mitch Resnick, Massachusetts Institute of Technology in his TED talk, "Let Teach Kids to Code"
a membership organization that supports and promotes the teaching of K-12 CS; provides opportunities for K–12 teachers and their students to better understand CS and to more successfully prepare themselves to teach and learn
Read The Advocate, the CSTA's blog, and
The Voice, its bimonthly online publication.
a toolkit of resources created by CSTA and ISTE to integrate computational thinking into the classroom
a collection of free learning activities that teach CS through engaging games and puzzles that use cards, string, crayons, and lots of running around
Alliance for California Computing Education for Students and Schools: information about K-12 CS education policy and advocacy efforts in California
a resource for K-12 district and school leaders, teacher leaders, and their partners and advocates who wish to develop computer science education in their schools
matches teachers with the appropriate training based on the grades they teach, their school’s background in CS, and practicalities such as the location and timing of available of professional development
- 07/12/2016: Expanding CS in SFUSD Presentation at 2016 CSTA Conference Administrators Workshop
- 05/20/2016: K-12 Computer Science Framework Presentation to California Quality Commission
- 05/20/2016: Expanding CS in SFUSD Presentation to California Instructional Quality Commission
- 03/14/2016: Expanding CS in SFUSD Presentation to San Francisco State University
- 03/04/2016: Developing a PK-12 CS Scope & Sequence Presentation // Scope & Sequence
- 01/06/2016: Planning for Middle Grades CS Expansion Presentation to Principals
- 12/14/2015: Planning for High School CS Expansion Presentation to Teachers
- 11/16/2015: NSF CS Gateways Conference: What Matters to Districts Regarding Professional Development and Support // One-Pager
- 11/10/2015: Middle Grades CS Pilot Program Presentation
- 11/10/2015: Expanding CS in SFUSD Update Presentation to SF CS Collaborative
- 11/03/2015: ACCESS Convening: Challenges and Opportunities in Implementing CS Education at a Wide Scale // One-Pager
- 10/14/2015: SFUSD STEM Presentation to PEEF Board
- 10/08/2015: Middle Grades Pilot Overview for SFUSD Administrators
- 09/26/2015: Second District PTA Presentation
- 09/22/2015: Curriculum Committee Meeting Presentation
- 06/30/2015: Expanding CS in SFUSD Presentation at ISTE Conference
- 06/09/2015: Expanding CS Education Initiative Update to SF Board of Education
- 05/05/2015: Expanding CS Education Presentation to SF Board of Education
- 05/04/2015: Expanding CS Education Position Paper
Looking for job opportunities? Please send us your resume.